Welcome to the NHS Sustainability day of action micro site
I hope that all NHS establishments, stakeholders and supply chain partners will engage and participate in the event on 28th March 2013 and build on the first NHS sustainability last year. Support has been tremendous - which is evidenced from the diverse set of logos on the participating organisations page. There are some innovative, fun and challenging ideas for events to held on the day. If you have yet to plan your event then hopefully there will be lots of ideas and content on the site to get you thinking. Involvement could include the following, but it will ultimately be up to your organisation to support the day in an imaginative and engaging manner:
- A sustainability awareness day held on the date.
- Pledges to change actions to become more sustainable.
- Publicised site based initiatives in advance of the event.
- Non clinical and clinical actions on the day so that all aspects of healthcare delivery are considered from all stakeholders.
- Initiatives focussed on clinical practise/local sourcing of food/low
carbon menus/procurement/travel/walk to work day etc.
- A day of education, participation, action and fun.
- Patient, community, supply chain and partner engagement.
I look forward to hearing more about your plans for this event
and want to showcase your best practise & innovation on this site.
Director of Estates and Facilities, Barts Health NHS Trust
With the Barts Health Sustainability team led by Fiona Daly
& the Climate Health Council supported by Nell Crowden.