The NHS Sustainability Campaign has been established since 2013 incorporating a national day of action each year. The online and offline Campaign aims to accelerate Sustainable Development within the NHS through dissemination of information, guidance, best-practice and knowledge. By raising awareness, we can support the long-term efficiency of the National Health Service whilst supporting both environmental and health outcomes. It is an independent self-financed Campaign not affiliated or managed by government.
The Campaign aims to drive action on sustainable development within the NHS a range of platforms which include:
- Regional based Roadshows showcasing of best-practice throughout England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- Annual reporting of evidence and data
- Rewarding and recognising achievement through annual awards
- Online engagement through webinars, newsletters and social media
- Lobbying government and policy stakeholders to accelerate sustainable development within the NHS