NHS Sustainability Day & The Vegan Society
Join us for a webinar on Mar 23, 2017 at 12:00 PM GMT.
Find out why plant-based nutrition can be good for both the planet and NHS staff and service users.
The Vegan Society is celebrating NHS Sustainability Day with an informative webinar for health professionals, and people responsible for catering services within the health sector.
Join The Vegan Society’s Campaigns Officer and Dietitian to hear about the sustainable benefits of vegan diets, and how they can meet everyone’s nutritional needs.
Tom Kuehnel and Heather Russell will give short presentations on vegan diets from a sustainability and health point of view, and they will then be available to take your questions.
The session will start at 12pm and end at 1pm. Participants will have the option to submit questions in advance or type them live during the event.
Topics covered will include…
– an overview of the environmental impact of animal agriculture and the carbon savings made by eating a vegan diet
– an overview of the health benefits of eating a nutritious vegan diet, including menu ideas
– how to provide vegan options that meet the needs of nutritionally vulnerable people
Who should attend?
– Anyone working in the health sector with responsibility for meal planning, procurement, preparation or serving
– Health professionals, including GPs, dietitians, doctors, caterers, nurses and clinical support workers
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.