We’ve got 20 tickets available to anyone attending this month’s 2degrees Live event to have an exclusive tour of the ground-breaking King’s Yard Energy Centre at the Olympic Park.
2degrees Live, in partnership with BioRegional, is offering 20 places to an exclusive study tour of the RIBA award-winning King’s Yard Energy Centre on London’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park; led by none other than the sustainability experts who made it happen.
The energy centre run by Cofely UK powers one of the UK’s largest district energy schemes, providing low-carbon heat and cooling across the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and beyond. What’s more, it is the only retained heritage building on the Park, exemplifying the sustainable practice of renovation and retrofit.
The tour will give you rare access to see the latest sustainability heating and cooling infrastructure in action, the opportunity to hear how London 2012’s programme addressed sustainable energy, and learn from both the project’s successes and some of the key shortfalls.
When and where
Date: Wednesday 4th December 2014
Time: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Location: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London
What the study tour will include
- A site visit of Queen Elisabeth Olympic Park’s energy centre – district heating and cooling system, biomass boiler and control centre.
- A guided tour of the King’s Yard’s new public interactive exhibition.
- Access to practical insights needed to overcome energy infrastructure challenges.
- A workshop to discuss how London 2012’s programme addressed sustainable energy, covering the successes and some of the key shortfalls.
What you’ll get from participating
- Insight into how the latest sustainability heating and cooling infrastructure works in action
- Inspiration from the UK’s latest sustainable development and infrastructure
Who will lead the tour:
- Ronan Leyden of BioRegional will host the site visit. Ronan has spent over 5 years supporting the delivery of the London 2012 programme from pre-demolition to post games legacy
- Cofely District Energy will lead the tour of the Energy Centre and facilities. Cofely and its parent company GDF SUEZ designed, financed and constructed the £100m district energy system on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and will operate this under a 40 year concession agreement
Who it’s for and how to reserve a place
Twenty tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis for those attending 2degrees Live: Energy Performance in Property.
You can book your ticket here for 2degrees Live; using the promotional codeOLYMPIC to secure your free place on the Olympic Site Tour.
For those already registered for 2degrees Live, please email Will Fitzjohn to reserve your place on the Olympic Site Tour.
If you have any questions please call Will Fitzjohn: 01865 597653.